Biketoberfest® officially kicks off with a press conference Thursday, October 19, at 10 a.m. at Daytona International Speedway. The event is open to the public. Held on the Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley Stage next to the FPL Solar Pavilion in the Midway, this fan-friendly area is also a major hub of Biketoberfest® activity.
The rally tradition will continue along Main Street, Riverfront Park and Midtown in Daytona Beach, as well as at Destination Daytona and U.S. Hwy 1 in Ormond Beach, and throughout Volusia County in nearby New Smyrna Beach and DeLand.
Mid October is a special treat for I-95 travelers in the Northeast. That’s when fall foliage colors are at their peak all along the I-95 corridor… From Northern Virginia to Maine. This three-part series showcases fall foliage road-trips along I-95 state-by state. Let’s check out New Hampshire and Maine…
While fall foliage in nearly all of Vermont is past peak viewing, central and southern New Hampshire and all but the northernmost regions of Maine are at peak conditions.
The Big E, the largest fair in the Northeast and fifth largest in North America, has just kicked off its 101th year with big talent, phenomenal food, animals, rides, shopping and more! The 17-day event will feature a Mardi Gras Parade and The Big E Circus Spectacular.
Some of the biggest names from the past and present, as well as those on their way to the top, have played before crowds at The Big E. From legendary entertainers, like Bob Hope, Roy Rogers and Liberace, to the musical talents of Johnny Cash, Beyoncé and Destiny’s Child, Reba and Blake Shelton, the Fair has been the venue to introduce these icons. This year top name talent like Grand Funk Railroad, Smashmouth and Night Ranger take the stage! Concertgoers are in for a ton of great shows at the xfinity arena and Court of Honor Stage, sponsored by xfinity®.
Walt Disney World Resort is the place to be this holiday season as theme parks and resort hotels sparkle with jolly decorations that bring the spirit of the season to life. Here’s a sampling of the holiday fun in store for guests:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Guests can get wrapped up in a Flurry of Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from Nov. 9-Dec. 31, with exciting new holiday happenings around the park and the return of the nighttime projection and fireworks show “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!”
- NEW! Sunset Seasons Greetings – This new holiday experience features spectacular projections of Mickey, Minnie and other beloved Disney characters sharing their favorite Christmas stories as a snowy Sunset Boulevard twinkles with stunning holiday decorations. Holiday magic brings billboards to life and transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into scenes of the season – a giant pile of Christmas gifts, a gingerbread house and a frozen winter wonderland! A frosty summer-loving snowman might even make an appearance to share his holiday wish! This fantastic and heartwarming experience runs continuously throughout the night.
- NEW! Enhanced holiday décor around Echo Lake – Extra-large ornaments, colorful garlands and a giant Christmas tree centered on the water will make Echo Lake the merriest of places this holiday season. Even Dinosaur Gertie will be dressed for the occasion with a dino-sized Santa hat.
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Returns – The hit holiday show returns Nov. 9 sending beloved Disney animated characters on a spirited yuletide adventure to get Santa back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve. “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” combines state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, special effects and Christmas music to create a dazzling, one-of-a-kind holiday experience for guests – capped by a special message from Santa himself.
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Dessert Party – Guests can wrap up their jolly holiday evenings with reserved viewing of the “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” nighttime spectacular. The nightly party includes holiday-inspired snacks, delicious desserts, wine, beer, and specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. A surprise Disney character will also join the fun, posing for pictures and signing autographs. This fun-filled special event is offered Nov. 9-Dec. 30, 2017.
- A new friend joins the cast of ‘For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration’ – Holiday fun continues at the Hyperion Theater as Anna, Elsa and Kristoff welcome Olaf to this popular sing-along celebration. Just for the holidays the show will include all-new songs from Disney’s new animated short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.”
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine – Meet Minnie, Mickey, Daisy, Donald and Goofy for lunch and dinner celebrations centered on seasonal deliciousness. From Nov. 6-Jan. 7, the mouse-with-the-mostest will deck the halls for a banquet filled with holiday cheer and the joy of the season!
- Santa Claus returns to the Once Upon a Time shop Nov. 9-Dec. 24 – The beautiful vintage setting of the Once Upon a Time shop recalls bygone days of Santa’s visits to great department stores across the country. Santa will be at the shop daily to greet guests and listen to holiday wishes. Santa Goofy will step in Dec. 25-Dec. 31 after Old Saint Nick returns to the North Pole.
Holidays Around the World is transforming into the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays from Nov. 9-Dec. 30, surrounding guests once again in the wondrous sights, sounds and flavors of the season.
- NEW! Holiday Kitchens – The number of holiday kitchens doubles in size this year to a total of 15, each bringing the flavors of the season to life. New this year, guests can indulge in cookies and desserts at the holiday kitchen located inside the Odyssey complex. Sweet treats include snowflake sugar cookies and a warm apple fritter with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce. Over at the Canada pavilion, dazzling delicacies like the Maple Buche de Noel (maple mousse rolled in gingerbread chiffon cake with cranberry sauce and pecan crumble) celebrate holiday traditions from the Great White North.
- NEW! Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree – Chip and Dale are collecting ornaments for their Christmas tree. Guests can purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations and travel around World Showcase looking for the famous chipmunks with their ornaments. Guests can return their completed maps for a festive surprise, courtesy of Chip and Dale.
- NEW! Candlelight Processional Narrators – One of the most popular Epcot traditions returns with new celebrity narrators in 2017. Pat Sajak, Matt Bomer and CCH Pounder will join the lineup of returning favorites like Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg and Jaci Velasquez. The Candlelight Processional is a retelling of the Christmas story as told by a celebrity narrator accompanied by 50-piece orchestra and a mass choir. The show takes place at the America Gardens Theatre each evening at 5:00 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Nov. 24-Dec. 30.
- NEW! Holiday Entertainment – Enjoy the sights and sounds of the nations of World Showcase, as each country’s holiday heritage comes to life amid joyful music and time-honored traditions. Guests will discover an entertaining celebration of Hanukkah in a new location along World Showcase promenade, where a fun and interactive band interweaves the music of Hanukkah with jazz, Latin, rock and even hip-hop influences. Other returning holiday favorites include JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season and Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.
- Fireworks Finale – The nightly fireworks display, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, will feature a special holiday ending.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish – Behold an enchanting performance to melt a frozen heart. Royal sisters Anna and Elsa lead a celebration on the Castle Forecourt Stage nightly Nov. 9-Dec. 31. Featuring special appearances by rugged mountain man Kristoff and lovable snowman Olaf, this merry-and-bright seasonal show culminates in Queen Elsa using her incredible powers to present a gift to everyone in the kingdom – transforming Cinderella Castle into a glimmering, shimmering ice palace for the holidays.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – It’s a Christmas party like no other, with joyous music, a shimmering Cinderella Castle, characters in their festive finery and the Magic Kingdom decked out and made even more magical for merry-making guests of all ages. Each specially ticketed, limited-attendance event features an exclusive performance of Holiday Wishes fireworks and the earliest performances of other spectaculars like Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, the Frozen Holiday Wish castle-lighting ceremony and Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show. The special party – complete with cookies, cocoa and snow flurries – begins at 7 p.m., after regular park hours. Parties will be held on November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28, and December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade – This enchanting holiday pageant sings and dances its way through the Magic Kingdom park daily Dec. 23-Dec 31. It also makes a special appearance at each Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Brimming with magic and cheer, the parade features Santa Claus, gingerbread men, elves, reindeer, toy soldiers and other friends from the North Pole. They all join Mickey and friends – including Arendelle favorites Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf – in an over-the-top celebration of the season.
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration – From Dec 23-Dec. 31, Mickey and Minnie take to Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage where they host some of their Disney friends for an unforgettable Christmas soiree filled with classic and contemporary holiday songs. Magical holiday projections on Cinderella Castle build to a sensational, snowy finale. Performances are also featured during each Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
It’s a wild holiday time as decorations around the park frame new day-into-nighttime experiences, including Tree of Life transformations, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali Rivers Rapids and Expedition Everest. Guests will be greeted by a dramatic, animal-themed holiday tree, and festive garlands will have the park all a-glow with merriment.
Every corner of Disney Springs is wrapped and ready for the season with holiday décor and special entertainment, making it the most wonderful place to shop. From top name-brands to cozy one-of-a kind retailers and, of course, all things Disney, there’s something for everyone. Busy shoppers can also take a break and enjoy a quick snack on the go or an unforgettable meal at one of Disney Springs many talked-about restaurants.
Hersheypark, the 121-acre amusement park in Hershey, Pa., announced today its’ plans for two new family thrill attractions for The Boardwalk At Hersheypark water park – Breakers Edge Water Coaster and Whitecap Racer.
Breakers Edge Water Coaster will be the world’s first HydroMAGNETIC water coaster with flying saucer turns and the 14th coaster at Hersheypark. Whitecap Racer will be the world’s longest mat racer. The new attractions will be located between Shoreline Sprayground attraction and Intercoastal Waterway lazy river and are slated to debut for Memorial Day weekend of 2018.
“We are very excited to announce not one, but two new attractions for 2018 to The Boardwalk At Hersheypark,” said Kevin Stumpf, General Manager Attractions & Entertainment of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts. “Our guests always ask for coasters, water and family experiences…these attractions will deliver on all three.”
Breakers Edge Water Coaster will be the world’s first HydroMAGNETIC water coaster with flying saucer turns to smoothly rocket riders through splash-filled hills and sweet thrills that are perfect for the whole family. The four-person inline raft gives families a bobsled ride feeling as gravity drops and smooth Linear Induction Motors (LIMs) power guests up and down hills and turns. This water coaster has an estimated hourly ride capacity of 600 guests and a ride time of about one minute.
Whitecap Racer will be the world’s longest mat racer and will take guests 70 feet high as they race to the finish in six side-by-side tunnels to the bottom. Each rider speeds through two tight 360-degree loops, while open racing lanes with low separator lanes allow racers to see and hear each other as they challenge each other using a slider timing system.
ProSlide Technology Inc. is the manufacturer of both attractions. Both rides are family-friendly and have a height requirement of a Reese’s category and up (42″ and up).
The new attractions will be the biggest splash to The Boardwalk At Hersheypark water park since it opened for the Park’s centennial season in 2007. The area features six water slides, a lazy river, wave pool and more than 600 interactive water features. These new attractions join more than 70 rides available for guests during the 2018 season at Hersheypark Amusement Park as part of a 3-parks-in-one Hersheypark admission, including ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park and The Boardwalk At Hersheypark water park.
For more information, visit www.hersheypark.com.